" Alumni Program Studi Agroteknologi FP UMY dapat dikelompokan dalam beberapa katagori yaitu; Pelaku Usaha Pertanian, Wirausahawan, Manager, Peneliti, maupun pendidik. "
" Alumni yang bekerja di bidang kerja sesuai dengan keahlian adalah 84,85%. "
" Berdasarkan hasil tracer study tahun 2013: Waktu Tunggu lulusan untuk memperoleh pekerjaan pertama adalah selama 4,92 bulan. "
Goodhope Asia Holdings Ltd
Yudho Bimo Kuncoro
Dinas Kehutanan dan Perkebunan Kab. Cilacap
Marlinda Dwi Purwanti
Diamond Seed Indonesia
Dosen UIN Sunan Gunung Jati Bandung
Vinda catur nugraha
PT. Perkebunan Minanga Ogan
Tracer Study is one of a method that is used by some universities in Indonesia to get a response from alumni. The response that is obtained from alumni is needed by the university in its effort to improve and develop the educational quality system. The response is also beneficial for the university to arrange the world effort and industries between competencies which is obtained by alumni when they were studied to decrease the forcing in a real job.
The benefits of Tracer study is not limited just to university, it can give important information farther about the relationship between higher education and industries. Tracer study can present deep and detail information about the job fitness whether in horizontal (in each study) or vertical (in each educational level). Furthermore, tracer study can help work opportunity problems and the effort to improve. For the university, the information about relevant competencies in industrial life can help the effort to improve the curriculum and learning system. On the other hand, business and industrial life can prepare itself in providing training that is more relevant for fresh graduate who looks for the job.
For UMY, Tracer Study is conducted to get the following benefits:
- As A database of alumni recorded by Study Program (Prodi) and new students (year of entry);
- As an important input/information for the development of higher education;
- As an evaluation tool to see the relevance of universities with business and industry;
- As input for improving the performance of lecturers and administrative staff;
- As input for curriculum improvement;
- As an evaluation material to follow international accreditation;
- As a material to build network/network alumni.